Domino 6.5.1 »
FERDY CHRISTANT - JUN 7, 2004 (12:49:34 PM)
I upgraded my server from Domino 6.5 to Domino 6.5.1. I tried the incremental installer but got so much errors that I quickly decided to go for the old school method:
- backup data dir and notes.ini of current server
- install new server in same dir, but do not set it up.
- replace the new notes.ini in the Domino dir with the backup.
- replace the new data dir with the backup, but exclude the templates.
- start the server
- enter "load design" at the server console to refresh the databases with new templates.
Everything works so it seems. Reason for the upgrade is that I want to install a Sametime server. I heard I need to install a fix-pack on top of 6.5.1. first, but I should look into it more. Any advise is very welcome, I'm definitely not a sys admin.